I can't believe I am down to less than 15 weeks! Well that is if this little guy doesn't make me wait past 40 weeks. My nephew was almost three weeks past his due date when they finally had to induce my sister! He is moving more and more all the time. He actually kicked hard enough Saturday morning to startle me out of my sleep. Of course he only kicks that hard when Donny doesn't have his hand on my stomach! He has been moving more up around my belly button, which is so much more comfortable than down at my pelvic bone. I can always tell when he settles himself down so low because those muscles will really pull when I walk. My friend says I will be wishing he was back down there when he settles himself up in my rib cage. She said one of her girls were constantly in her rib cage. LOL. I don't much care where he is as long as I can feel him moving and know he is okay.
I have washed and either folded or hung up all the clothes I have for him so far. And let me tell you...there was a lot more than I thought! The changing table is pretty big and over half of one shelf is nothing but sleepers stacked all the way to touching the shelf above! They are anywhere from size newborn to a few 2T, and their are light weight ones, medium weight ones, and some blanket sleepers too! I even found a few gowns including two blanket type ones. I do want to pick up a few more of those. His closet is already full of 0-3 month, 3-6 month, and 6-9 month outfits. There are twice as many of the 0-3 than anything else so he is definitely set through winter (most of them are from my nephew who was also born in November). We have been buying some summer clothes on clearance in 6-9 month size and even a few 12 month (hopefully he can wear those by end of summer anyways). And I am planning on hitting a few garage sales this Saturday. Hoping to find a nice bassinette (they just aren't in them long enough to need a brand new one I don't think!) and maybe some clothes. I got a really nice swing for $15 yesterday. The lady just bought it in March for her youngest and he is done with it now. She said it was $50 when she bought it, but I am guessing she got it on sale because I have been pricing swings and that is a good deal. So I got a super good deal! I still have to find fabric and make new curtains for his room, and I have to buy a breast pump too. We are debating on whether we are going to buy a new travel system or just use what we have. I have two car seats that came from close friends so I know they haven't been in any accidents and I checked and they haven't been recalled or anything. And I won't need a stroller too much until spring, unless we just want it to do Christmas shopping or something. And I do have a stroller, it is nothing fancy but it would work. It is a model between an umbrella stroller and a full size stroller. So we aren't in a big hurry to make that purchase right now. We are trying to save to get a 3D ultrasound done in September. Plus we want to get a new digital camera before his birth. So we bumped those things up above the travel system.
Donny did the cutest thing yesterday. We both have myspace.com pages. Yesterday he was finally filling out some of the text portion of his. One of the sections is titled "Who I Would Like to Meet. Well when I read his page he had put under that section...my soon to be baby boy. I thought it was so sweet...even I didn't think of putting that under there. Sometimes he still surprises me.
Okay can you tell I am getting more and more excited? I just keeping walking in the nursery and imagining him there. I can't wait for November to get here so we can meet our little guy! Well I will quit babbling excessively now....
~Melody
About Me
- Melody
- I am 30 years old and have been with my husband for almost twelve years and married to him for over five wonderful years. We have been through a lot (you can read about some of it in my old entries here)...we have struggled with infertility and infidelity. But we are now doing wonderful and are the very proud parents of a little boy. And we are currently trying for another one! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dearest Melody, it has been months since I last read your blog and it seems that I've missed out on so much. Congratulations on your pregnancy and I wish you all the best. I haven't had the same kind of luck unfortunately but am still trying :-)
Take care,
Belinda (in Australia!)
thewaratah@hotmail.com
Post a Comment