I have been so busy I have been forgetting to post here. I don't even know if I can remember everything that has been going on!?!
Hmm where to start. Well my biological dad got married last month. So my family grew from me having one younger brother and one younger sister...to having one older step-sister (by only 9 months), one younger brother, one younger step-brother, one younger sister and two-younger step-sisters. Plus now instead of having three nephews, I have 3 nephews, 4 step-nephews and 3 step-neices. Us kids are all between the ages of 22 and 30 and the grandkids are between the ages of my unborn baby to 10 years old. So dad and my new step mom will no doubt be constantly busy between all of us! We are bigger than the Brady Bunch! LOL. If I get a hold of some good pics of my new family I will post them later.
My nephew Hunter (my brother's youngest son) turned 4! It is so hard to believe. He insisted to me he was 6 and I told him to slow down...him being 4 already was bad enough! LOL.
My sister, brother in law, and nephew Adam are moving a couple hours away (in the town next to where my Dad and most of my new family live). I am sadden that I will miss seeing them now but it is for the best for them because my brother in law got a good job there. With the baby coming I will be even more busy and it was hard to help them out as much as I would have liked to. But now I know they will have people to help them.
I had my latest OB appt. last week. I am now up 8 and a half pounds total. Which they said is nothing to worry about. I am so excited about how fast this pregnancy is going! He is moving a lot now. I even felt him kick hard enough a couple weeks ago that I felt it on my hand. But mostly I can only feel him internally. But I am hoping in the next couple weeks he will be moving enough Donny can feel him. He is anxiously awaiting that time too! We have been working on the nursery. We have the crib all ready to go...the crib set and mobile too! We also have matching border to put up too! We are down to just needing a car seat/stroller combo travel system and a dresser. I am getting a swing this week. We would like a new bassinette (well not necessarily new but a newer model) before he gets here because the one we have is an old wicker one. We already have the crib, changing table, walker, jumper, bouncer (2 actually), portable swing, and a play yard. We also have one car seat and one stroller...but they don't work together as a travel system. I found a lot of sheets and blankets from when I did daycare...plus a lot of toys too. I spent the weekend washing the bedding and disinfecting the toys. I also have a bunch of my nephew Adam's clothes in sizes 0-3 months and some 3 to 6 months. He was born in November so they should all fit Baby X this winter. We have been buying some clothes in 6 to 9 months and 12 months for next summer since they are on clearance right now. We are both getting so excited about his arrival. November can't come fast enough! Although his name is still not decided, so maybe November better not come too fast! LOL.
As far as our relationship goes...things are are really wonderful right now. He has been spending very little time on the internet at all. And a few nights ago he told me as November nears he has realizes more and more things. He said he realizes that he hasn't been treating me like I am the most important thing in his life. And he said the baby and I are the most important things in his life, and he is going to start showing it. And that he is going to spend more time showing me how much he does love. He said he can't wait for us to be a family. He knows this is what he has always wanted. I am really feel like he means it. He is silent when he can't say things like that, so if he says it, he means it. He has been good at hiding things from me, but he is not good at lying. So if he says it, it isn't a lie. He has finally looked inside himself and found what he really wants in life. I am so glad he has gotten there now. I was giving him til November to figure it out, but it is a relief to know it isn't taking him all the way to November to decide.
I truly believe that any relationship that was strong before an affair, can be after one. I believe that if two people love each other enough they can forgive and rebuild. I know an affair is a huge mistake and is one of the most hurtful things someone can do to someone they love. But it truly can be a mistake that is learned from. I only hope that anyone that goes through an affair can either rebuild and have a lasting marriage, or let go so that they can go on and find someone they can have a lasting marriage in. I am sure there are many cases when that is the best thing to do. I am just glad ours turned out to be the kind that can survive it, and that we can truly go on and be happy again.
I hope that anyone that reads my blog and may find themselves in a similar situation will contact me, I will do whatever I can to help you through the tough times.
~Melody
About Me
- Melody
- I am 30 years old and have been with my husband for almost twelve years and married to him for over five wonderful years. We have been through a lot (you can read about some of it in my old entries here)...we have struggled with infertility and infidelity. But we are now doing wonderful and are the very proud parents of a little boy. And we are currently trying for another one! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Melody,
I can hardly believe that you are already half way there!!! I am so excited for you and that you and Donny are working together!
Heather
Post a Comment