About Me

I am 30 years old and have been with my husband for almost twelve years and married to him for over five wonderful years. We have been through a lot (you can read about some of it in my old entries here)...we have struggled with infertility and infidelity. But we are now doing wonderful and are the very proud parents of a little boy. And we are currently trying for another one! :)

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

It was an awesome shared moment...

I have been trying for weeks now to get Baby X to cooperate and kick when Donny is around so he can feel him. But it never works...he will kick a couple times in the same area, I will call Donn in and he will put his hand on my tummy...and nothing, Baby X stops kicking. Well last night he was really active and kicking lots, so I thought I would try again. So Donny came in and put his hand on my tummy....and hooray....he finally felt his son move! A total of three times too! The look on his face when he realized he felt him move was amazing. His smile was as big as when they told us Baby X was a boy! I am so happy. I know how unreal a pregnancy is for me on occassion, but for him it is probably almost totally unreal. But to finally feel his son moving around has to help him feel more a part of things. I am just so happy to finally get to share that moment with him.

Things are going great between us. I feel like he is getting back to his oldself, from before the affair. It's like each day a little more of the man I fell in love with, 11 years ago, resurfaces. It just proves that love can overcome hard things like an affair. It's been a long road finding ourselves again, and I am sure there still will be moments when things come back about the affair. But for the moment I am totally enjoying my loving husband as we look forward to the arrival of our first child. People say a child can't save a marriage, and it's true. But I think a child can help make you realize why you got married in the first place. A child can remind you what a magical thing love truly is. This baby was created with love and is in turn reminding us what a powerful thing that very same love is...

There are a few other important things going on right now...but no time to explain. I will have write more tomorrow...

~Melody

1 comment:

Heather P. said...

Melody, I can hardly believe that you are already 28 weeks!!!!!! I am so glad to hear that things are getting better for you both
Heather