The ultrasound was wonderful. She said almost right off (after asking if we wanted to know) "It's a boy!!". He was moving the entire time, it was like the more she was pressing the more he moved. She said all his measurements are within a day or two of where I am in the pregnancy. All except his thigh bone, which she said was a few more days behind and she said it wasn't anything to worry about, it just indicates he might not be as tall as his daddy. Daddy is of course worried it might be something more. I am trying to put his fears at ease. He has his butt pushed up against my bladder and is kicking towards my hip, which totally explains why my left hip has been hurting! I have been telling Donny the last couple weeks that I was sure the baby was on the left side most of the time. And she said that is where he is. I can't believe for as much as he was moving on the u/s that I don't feel him yet. She said it shouldn't be long now. He weighs 217 grams and his heartbeat was 158. I so can't wait to be able to feel him. We went shopping Thursday evening and Donny picked out a mobile and crib blanket with sports stuff on them. He was so excited. He has been in the infants department before for gifts for others, but it was like it was his first real time. He was looking at everything in awe. It was so awesome to watch. I can't wait to start really working on the nursery with him. I had Winnie the Pooh curtains a friend made a few years ago...but I guess I will use them as a pattern to make new ones with a sports theme! In a few days I will be half way! I can't believe it.
~Melody
About Me
- Melody
- I am 30 years old and have been with my husband for almost twelve years and married to him for over five wonderful years. We have been through a lot (you can read about some of it in my old entries here)...we have struggled with infertility and infidelity. But we are now doing wonderful and are the very proud parents of a little boy. And we are currently trying for another one! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe how far along you are!! he will be here before you know it!
Post a Comment