About Me

I am 30 years old and have been with my husband for almost twelve years and married to him for over five wonderful years. We have been through a lot (you can read about some of it in my old entries here)...we have struggled with infertility and infidelity. But we are now doing wonderful and are the very proud parents of a little boy. And we are currently trying for another one! :)

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Finally updating on the u/s!

The ultrasound was awesome! I can still close my eyes and see our little one moving around on the screen! It was the most breathtaking thing to see and hear! Yes, we saw and heard the heartbeat very clearly! It was 188, likely high because he/she was moving around so much...kicking feet and waving hands. We could make out the hands and feet easily on the screen, but unfortunetly in the pictures she printed it's not so easy...looks more like a blob LOL. He was in more of an awe than I was because he hasn't ever seen an ultrasound, where I have. But it is a lot different when it is of your own baby! We can't wait for the next one at around 18 weeks so we know whether it is a he or she. Oh I am officially due November 25th. The ultrasound dated me from 10.5 weeks to 11 weeks, but she said most measurements were 10.5 weeks. I can't wait to hit 12 weeks, I will relax some. I try not to worry but I do. I try to remind myself that as long as I am taking care of myself, I am taking care of the baby too. But sometimes I find myself thinking I need to be even more cautious of when and what I eat and what I do. But I know in reality I do a good job taking care of myself and that everything will be okay.

I am starting to show already, but I know a lot of that is from being overweight to begin with LOL. Good thing it is summer and I can wear elastic shorts and light weight pants, because several pairs of my jeans are getting snug. They start off okay in the morning, but by midday they are starting to get irritating. So before long I will have to put them in the drawer to stay until after the baby is born. I am walking 1.25 miles a day (well weather permitting...darn rain!)with a friend in hopes of not gaining more weight than I have to. And since I am already over weight I don't actually have to gain too much. And my goal is to gain what they say I need to gain and not more. I think it will be easy, because at this point I crave veggies and some salty foods more than sweets. I figured I would become even more of an ice cream addict, but not so far. I am hooked on tomatoes and plain lay's potato chips...although not necessarily together LOL. Plus any frozen vegetable like corn, califlower, and broccoli. Donny might get his wish, he wants a child that will be a healthy eater and be in shape to play sports like he did! So if I have an increased veggie intake while pregnant...well our child maybe into veggies! LOL.

I think since I will be 12 weeks this weekend I will go ahead and start working some on the nursery. I have tons of boxes of stuff to go through that friends and family have given me over the years (hand me downs from their children), plus things I accumulated doing daycare. I have to decide what I will actually use and get rid of the rest to make room for new stuff. That will be a job in itself. Plus my aunt is coming from Nebraska to visit so I need to get the whole place cleaned up! I better get working....right after I finish making my Mother's day cards...which I need to finish tonight to mail tomorrow!

Well I best get working....

~Melody

3 comments:

C.I. Crenshaw said...

MELODY I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU I COULD JUST CRY!!! :)

Crystal
(Clear Water)

Heather P. said...

Melody!
I am so happy for you!! That is wonderful. I hope that you have a great pregnancy!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you!! That is so exciting about your u/s! Congrats again!