About Me
- Melody
- I am 30 years old and have been with my husband for almost twelve years and married to him for over five wonderful years. We have been through a lot (you can read about some of it in my old entries here)...we have struggled with infertility and infidelity. But we are now doing wonderful and are the very proud parents of a little boy. And we are currently trying for another one! :)
Wednesday, January 18, 2006
Why can't I just let go...
Things are going good really. But for some reason I just can't let go and totally enjoy it. It's like I just keep waiting for something to go wrong. And that is not something I have ever done when it comes to our relationship. But I do now. Even though he is treating me the way he did before the affair...it's just not the same. Maybe it's because everything has lost its innocence. I am not saying I don't think he doesn't love me or anything like that. But I don't want to be naive and assume he loves me as much. Because I don't see how he can after disreguarding me to have an affair. It's just so hard to let it go. I want to...but I am afraid. I am afraid to love him as freely as before...to believe everything he says...to totally trust him...to give all I have to give. Because when I did that before he had an affair and shattered my heart. I don't want to be blindsided again. So I ask myself how does one fully recover from an affair...whether it is with the person who committed the affair or with someone new? How do you trust someone enough to believe they will never betray you like that? It's like once it happens you are waiting for it to happen again. Like before it happened you never thought twice about it...but now it's always lurking in the back of your mind. This ugly thought that once in awhile consumes you. Takes your breath away. Takes your zest for life away. And you can push it back as many times as you want...but it keeps coming back. How do you get rid of it? How do you lock it away so that you don't have to think it anymore? How do I explain this to him. How do I explain to him I am scared without seeming too needy or desperate? How do explain to him I am afraid he doesn't love me the way he did when he married me? How do I explain to him no matter how hard I try I can't stop seeing him with her? How do I explain to him that I feel like I am his second choice...that he only came back to me because she pushed him away? How do I make the "what ifs" go away? What if she hadn't pushed him away? What if I hadn't figured it out? What if he does it again? What if he realizes all the sudden he wants to be with her after all? What if I am not strong enough to let go? What if...what if...what if! Two words that I hate! I don't want to push him away...I want to be married to him. I want our relationship to recover....but how do I let go?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hey Hon! I just want you to know that I am thinking of you! I caught up on your blog and I just want you to know that what you are going through is completely normal. The only advice that I can offer from a been there done that standpoint is that time will diminish the fears and what ifs. Right now you two just need to focus on each other and making your marriage the best that it can be!
Hang in there Sweetie! I am so here if you need to vent or talk...I know that phone bills are a concern, so just call me and I can call you right back. Otherwise, you can email me anytime!
Much love and prayers!
Post a Comment