About Me

I am 30 years old and have been with my husband for almost twelve years and married to him for over five wonderful years. We have been through a lot (you can read about some of it in my old entries here)...we have struggled with infertility and infidelity. But we are now doing wonderful and are the very proud parents of a little boy. And we are currently trying for another one! :)

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Catching up...

Well it's been a week since I updated. And of course so much has happened. I am not sure that I will go into lots of details because it's late and I need to go to bed.

Saturday he told me he was sitting down with her once and for all to talk about things. And that she had to answer him honestly and to the point basically. Well she was supposed to get off work at 9pm and come talk to him. I left my BIL and didn't return until 3 am. Trying to avoid sitting here with them across the street together. Well when we got here she had yet to come home. She pulled in shortly after us. She was puking in the toilet when he walked over to talk to her. I am not sure totally what was said, but I know he was only there an hour. He came home and said come to bed. So for the first time in two weeks he slept in bed with me. And he was naked! (too bad I am on my period!). He said it was totally over with them. That he wasn't even going to see or talk to her. HOORAY! Christmas day was awesome. And so was the next three days. We laughed, talked, cuddled, and were as intimate as we could be (because of my period). Then it all comes crashing down at 4 am Thursday. She calls because she is really drunk and has lost her keys so she can't get home. So he goes in to town to get her. Which I was fine with....the first time. He returns without her. Apparently she found some guy (not the one she initially went out with) and decided she just wanted Donny to give her and this guy a ride to her car (she found her keys-her car was parked at her work place). So he comes home. And she calls barely half an hour later wanting him to come back and get her again. I said no. But he went anyways. Then he went to her place with her. I called and told him to come home. Which pissed him off. Well we fought all morning as he drove me to work (he needed the car to renew the tags on it). And I am talking a fight worse than any we have ever had. It was horrible.

Tonight we were civil. He apologized about this morning. But he is back sleeping in the spare room again. WTF??? He informed me that he is still going to be her friend whether I like it or not. He does however want to be with me and work on our marriage. But everything has to be on his terms! And that is really pissing me off. He just kills me because he says I have a right to feel the way I do, and that he would feel the same way. But he wants me to not tell him he can't be her friend, even though he understands why I feel the way I do about it. Is anyone else frustrated just reading that?? Because I feel like I am beating my head against a brick wall repeatedly. He says he loves me, wants to be with me, and doesn't want to hurt me. But he can't quit being her friend for me. His logic sucks.

Well anyways that is the short version of what's up. Instead of getting more hurt by it all...I get more pissed. And then I just get the "whatever" thing going on. One morning I am going to wake up and that is going to be the last day I put up with it...

~Melody

2 comments:

R and A said...

I really hate reading what is happening. He is totally using you. He wants you and he wants her. And he is going to get exactly what he wants as long as you allow him.
Mel you have to put an end to this. You have to tell him that it is either her or you and mean it. If he wants to be friends with her (which I think is total BS) then there you go he has made his choice. If he wants to be with you then great. But it has to be only you. If you guys are going to survive this he has to stop all contact with her. How will you ever trust him if he remains friends with her?
Seriously as long as he remains friends with her he should be considered kicked out of the house. You will never be able to move on and enjoy yourself if you continue to let him have you and the mistress.
Im sorry this has happened. You don't deserve this. But please be strong. Please don't let him call the shots. He is the one that caused all of this and he obviously has no remorse. He's living the high life. He doesn't care how you feel because if he did he wouldn't have gone to her rescue twice!
Mel please take care. Please look out for yourself.
~Ashlea

Anonymous said...

I agree with your other poster. I would NOT let him have both of you. He needs to choose and NO way once he has an affair with her, they cannot be friends, not for a long time. They have to get over those feelings, you have to trust him again, etc. And NO it is not done in HIS terms, they have to be terms you BOTH can live with...compromise, that is a marriage.
He needs to break that bond with her, that would be MY terms anyway.. don't let him walk all over you and do it again. STICK UP and BE STRONG!

Michaelmakaosmom (Jenn)