About Me

I am 30 years old and have been with my husband for almost twelve years and married to him for over five wonderful years. We have been through a lot (you can read about some of it in my old entries here)...we have struggled with infertility and infidelity. But we are now doing wonderful and are the very proud parents of a little boy. And we are currently trying for another one! :)

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

It's our 3rd Anniversary!!

Wow, it's hard to believe it has already been three years since we stood in front of our families and friends and said "I Do". It's been a great three years and I am sure there are many many more great years to come! As I stood up there in front of him in his tux (looking very sexy I must say) I thought there was no way I could ever love him more than I did that very moment. But I was wrong. I love him even more now...three years later. I thank God very much for the changes in my life that caused me to move to Iowa. Because without those...I would have never been blessed with him in my life. In three months we have been together for 10 whole years. That's more than one third of our lives we have already spent together. I would be lying if I said they have all been perfect. We have had our share of ups and downs...but what makes our relationship so great...is that we made it through the downs to celebrate the ups together. He is the first thing I think of when I wake up in the morning and the last thing I think of as I drift off to sleep each night (most of the time wishing he was there as I fall asleep...darn night shift jobs!). I can't imagine ever waking up and not know that I am going to see or hear his voice that day. So as we share our third wedding anniversary today all I am going to do is look forward to each and every day that will follow. And if we never get pregnant and never get to be parents...I will live a life full of love with him. And know that I have been blessed with a wonderful, loving, caring, and generous man as my husband...and that is more than some people get in their lives. So I end in saying how very grateful I am to have experienced the love and companionship I have with my husband...the love of my life.

~Melody

P.S. If you haven't told your spouse or significant other how very much you love them today...then go do it now!

2 comments:

Mona said...

Thank you for sharing your insight and reminding us what is important in relationships.

Heather P. said...

Hi this is my first time visiting your blog this is pleasantswife from pregnancy.org!! Anyway!! Happy Anniversary!!!! Congratulations too!!