About Me

I am 30 years old and have been with my husband for almost twelve years and married to him for over five wonderful years. We have been through a lot (you can read about some of it in my old entries here)...we have struggled with infertility and infidelity. But we are now doing wonderful and are the very proud parents of a little boy. And we are currently trying for another one! :)

Thursday, February 10, 2005

I never thought...

That I would enjoy being on a break from the pressures of TTC! I was so devastated when I found out that I had to stop the meds and not schedule anymore IUIs until my lining is thicker and my cyst goes away. But now I am actually enjoying not having to remember to take meds everday, and not having to have sex on a schedule. It's like the pressure is gone and I can breathe again. Not to mention our sex has been awesome. It's like a lot has been lifted off of us. As much as we want to have a baby, I think this break is very good for us. We can sit and rethink what is really the most important thing...and that's us. If we aren't strong and happy, what's the point of having a baby. So I am once again reminded that everything happens for a reason. The thin lining and cyst were what happened and the reason was so that we could get back to enjoying each other! Never underestimate the power of just letting things be as they are meant to be.

Well as far as other life events...I kept both my nephews last week. My brother's boy is going to be 3 this summer and my sister's boy just turned 1 at Thanksgiving. So it was interesting to keep them both all night (the same night!). I had a lot of fun and learned a lot about the difference between the kids those two ages. My older nephew doesn't get in to everything like the younger one...but he doesn't go to bed quite as early either! LOL. On the plus side he sleeps in, the younger one...wakes up early! All in all it was a fun visit and I hope to keep them again soon. My step dad is getting remarried on Monday. It's weird to say that. I can't believe it. He and mom have only been divorced for 10 months! But he says it is because his fiancee is an old girlfriend, not someone he just met. But I mean come on...he hasn't be around her for over 20 years...people change IYKWIM. You can't just pick up how things were 20 years ago! But in order to keep the peace I am not saying anything and I will be attending the ceremony. Which I am sure will make my mom not happy. But geez he has been my stepdad for 20 years.

Well best get off of here so I can get some other stuff done before my lunch break is up...

~Melody

No comments: