I went to my stepdad's wedding last night. I know that technically once my stepdad and mom got divorced he was no longer my dad. But considering he and my mom were married for almost 19 years...and I have known his since I was about 6 years old...shutting the door is not acceptable to me. So last night we went to his Valentine's wedding. It was simple and a bit chaotic considering we were joining two families that had pretty much never met. She has five kids (and I am not sure how many grandkids three or four), and there are three of us and three grandkids, so we were a pretty large group for pictures. We couldn't stay long since it was a weeknight and I had to work this morning. They are having a large full reception sometime in May so that family farther away, that couldn't make it for a Monday night wedding, can come. My sister's husband didn't come because he and my stepdad don't get along (I think it is somewhat because my stepdad is only a couple years older than him) so the pictures seemed off balance YKWIM? My nephews were as adorable as ever. I got a big sloppy kiss from my 2 and a half year old nephew when I went to leave. Which is a first for mouth on mouth kiss from him. Usually I just get a kiss on my cheek with much pushing from his daddy to kiss Aunt Melody. LOL. He talks clearer and clearer every day. Take for instance that in the middle of the ceremony he very clearly and loudly says "I have to go pee!". LMAO. My 15 month old nephew just wanted us to put him down. He no doubt was eyeing anything he could get his hands on! And he obviously didn't like the new purple shirt I got my sister for her birthday...he thought it needed a little red...as he reached out and stuck his hand in the red frosting on the cake and then rubbed it on sis's shirt! I just hope it comes out! Poor sis was trying to stay situated in the pictures so that hopefully the red frosting wouldn't show. LOL. All in all the night went well. And of course I am sure I will have to replay every detail I can to my mom. She is pretty unhappy about the whole thing, including us attending. Which is silly since after all she is the one that left him. There are some things in life that I guess are never meant to be understood...
~Melody
About Me
- Melody
- I am 30 years old and have been with my husband for almost twelve years and married to him for over five wonderful years. We have been through a lot (you can read about some of it in my old entries here)...we have struggled with infertility and infidelity. But we are now doing wonderful and are the very proud parents of a little boy. And we are currently trying for another one! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment