About Me

I am 30 years old and have been with my husband for almost twelve years and married to him for over five wonderful years. We have been through a lot (you can read about some of it in my old entries here)...we have struggled with infertility and infidelity. But we are now doing wonderful and are the very proud parents of a little boy. And we are currently trying for another one! :)

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

The nerve of her....

So this last weekend (2/4) was an interesting one. I found my anger coming back out. I have been pretty good through it all. I mean I haven't been nasty to her...I think mean hateful things about her...and even say them to my friends, but I have not actually said anything mean to her. Nor have I treated her badly. But I made very clear we could never be friends again. I mean that is a no brainer anyways. How would one be friends again with the person who had an affair with their husband?? (when you see her or she in bold...that is me refering to the one he had an affair with in the nicest way I can...I know many other words I would like to use to refer to her)

Well anyway...an old friend of mine is back in the area and came to stay at our place. So we (her, I, and Donny) decided to go out Saturday night. We went to basically the most popular bar. And we knew at some point she would end up there, she goes there about every night. Well my friend was happy about that because she wanted to see her. We were having a good time and Donny was talking to guys from work and stuff. Well he headed to the bathroom and was gone awhile. No big deal really I was just wondering where he was...my friend points out where he is and he is at a table talking to a woman and a guy (who have their backs to me). I didn't think much of it and went back to the conversation we were having. Then suddenly someone has their arm around me...and it is her. She says "Hi Mel." I was like "Hi" (thinking what the fuck does she want). Then she says "Well I just wanted to say hi" and walks away. It is then I discover that is who Donny was talking to. No big deal because her guy friend (who she swears is only a friend) was with her, and Donny and I both like him. My friend wanted to know who she was and I told her that is the one. Well her and her guy friend make their way to a table next to ours and he says he is getting the rest of our drinks. Well who am I to turn down free drinks? Well actually I pretty much did...because one of us had to drive home. So I just sipped a couple beers and had a couple other drinks through out the whole time (we were there for 4 hours total).

What turned out to be pretty funny about the whole thing was that her guy friend was totally taken with my friend. I mean he almost totally ignored her and was all over my friend, who let him just because she knew it was bothering her. And she wanted to make her suffer in any way she could. I couldn't believe how into my friend he was...he didn't even pay attention to the guys that were hanging all over her. Normally he is very protective of her...not letting any guys touch her. But not that night. At one point I was talking to my friend and I noticed that Donny was talking to some guys from work. Well all the sudden she is there hanging herself on him. He didn't appear to really notice her, he was talking to the guys. But I was like no freaking way...so I grabbed the back of his shirt and jerked him clear away from her. I looked at him and said "Basically any freaking woman in this entire bar can touch you or hang on you...but her!! He said okay...I am sorry it won't happen again. He didn't even look at her or anything, he just walked around the otherside from where he was standing...and she still was...and went back to talking to the guys from work. You could tell it really pissed her off that he didn't try to defend her or tell me I was wrong. So here she was...being ignored by Donny and her guy friend. So miss drama queen...miss center of attention...decides to make a huge scene by pretending she is passing out. Her guy friend was too drunk and couldn't hold her up...so he asked for our help. Well as much as I didn't want to touch her or help her...I didn't want him to get hurt...and I certainly didn't want Donny touching her to help. So both I and my friend tried to get her to let us help her out of the bar (we were on the second floor and it was now closing time). Well even though she was supposed to basically be passed out...she wouldn't let anyone touch her or help her but her guy friend or Donny. Well she made her guy friend fall and hit his face on the edge of the pool table...because he was too drunk to hold his weight and hers. So Donny jumped in to help. Then a couple bouncers did. They said they would carry her down the stairs and out to the car. She wouldn't let go of Donny. She had her arms around his neck and her hands clenched together. So he ended up helping her down the stairs. I was so pissed. I was yelling at him to let go of her and he wouldn't....well a lot because she wouldn't let go of him. I know every that was behind us trying to get down the stairs thought I was crazy. I was yelling and trying to pry her hands off of him. But ya know...seeing her arms around his neck and his hands on her (it was her bare skin because her skimpy little shirt got pushed up in the process of everyone trying to keep her upright) just made me see them naked together having sex...and I went crazy. It wasn't until the next day when we woke up that he understood why it was wrong and why I reacted the way I did. If he hadn't been drunk I am sure he would have understood the moment it was happening. It's a good thing we don't go out often and get drunk. I just can't believe that she thought she could act like we all used to before the affair. Just because I haven't kicked her ass (and let me tell you...had she went back over hanging on him again after my statement earlier in the night when she did the first time...I would have kicked her ass!) didn't mean I wanted to be her friend. Seeing her touch him in any way (and vice versa) makes me sick!


More good news from the weekend includes her soon to be ex husband (my dear friend) is talking to me now because I have my own cell phone and he doesn't have to worry about Donny answering it when he calls. He is doing much much better. He seems to now have grip on his anger about things and so I think it is okay to talk to him occassionally. He also came and got their dog the other night...which is a very good thing or it would probably end up dead soon because she never remembers to feed or water it. And she is never home either, well except to sleep!

~Melody

No comments: