About Me

I am 30 years old and have been with my husband for almost twelve years and married to him for over five wonderful years. We have been through a lot (you can read about some of it in my old entries here)...we have struggled with infertility and infidelity. But we are now doing wonderful and are the very proud parents of a little boy. And we are currently trying for another one! :)

Friday, March 04, 2005

I honestly didn't mean to desert everyone...

But that is probably what it seems like I have done. Between being swamped from the auction and being sick I haven't even had time to lurk on the boards really. I feel bad about it. I know that they can obviously manage without me...but it is just the fact that they are always there for me and now I am not there for them. I am feeling lots better today. I even finally got to sit down for my entire lunch hour without being interrupted (so far) and wouldn't you know...I can't get the boards to load! UGH!! I just can't win! TGIF!!! Well at least the sun is shining!

In other news...my sister tells me the other day that she thinks she is pregnant again. I am screaming "What are you thinking!" in my head, while I smiley politely and say well you better get to the doctor then. My nephew just turned a year old in November and he is enough of a handful for her. I can't imagine her with another little one so soon. And if I know my sister she is probably already two or three months along. Now if her or her husband worked it wouldn't be near as scarey. But I already worry about them enough. And to add to that my brother and sister-in-law are trying to have another baby too. Of course their little boy is going to be three so age difference isn't an issue, but they can barely afford to support themselves now...let alone another baby. I worry about them too. But I can't afford to help both my brother and my sister, so what do I do?? And my poor nephews...it isn't their fault that their parents don't work. I don't want them to go without. But we honestly can't afford to do much for either of them without hurting ourselves. And I can't do for one and not the other. It is driving me insane. I wish there was more I could do.

I was reminded of a very important thing this last week. Staying in touch with old friends is important, because life is very short. I received a phone call from a close friend of mine on Sunday informing me that her nephew (who I went to school with and was friends with) was in a bad head on collision. He isn't doing well but is hanging in there as of today. I feel horrible because I can't remember the last time I went out of my way to talk to him. And it is sad because he is one of the sweetest, most genuine guys I have ever met. And now I may never have the chance to tell him that. I know life gets busy and crazy...but this just further proves how important reaching out, even just to say hi, to those you care or have cared about is. You never know when they will be gone and you can't tell them what they meant to you. My friend is the kind of guy that whether you only knew him for a minute or ten years...you always remember him. He touches every person he interracts with. He truly has a soul of gold, and now I may never have the chance to have the honor of being around him. So take this message to heart and take the few seconds it takes to reach out to those you haven't be in touch with lately...tell them how much they mean to you. Do what I did...buy a bunch of Easter cards...or even just Thinking of You cards...and drop them in the mail. You will be glad you did.

Well anyways...hopefully I will have a semi-calm weekend.

~Melody

No comments: