I swear life can't just progress without something bad happening. Can't I just have a peaceful boring week, with nothing out of the ordinary happening. I strive to be boring...but it just doesn't seem to happen!
I was at my brother's yesterday when our dad's (biological) fiance calls to tell us he was rushed to the hospital. She hurriedly tells my brother some details and then he hangs up. Of course he is in shock as he is talking to her so he doesn't ask any questions. So all we know is that he is bleeding down below and is scheduled for surgery today. No idea what kind surgery, what hospital exactly, or even when today. So I am sitting here at work wondering what the hell is going on? I did get an email from her (she actually sent it at almost three am on Sunday) that at least explains what happened better and I know what hospital and room now too. They say he is bleeding from (they think) his kidneys or bladder. He is seeing a urologist. It started off as a bloody nose and then later in the day he saw blood when he went to the bathroom. She says it is really bad bleeding but that they have him on morphine so he isn't having any pain. Somehow that is supposed to be comforting I guess. He doesn't take care of himself like he should. It really bothers me because he has this "when it's my time to go it's my time to go, and there is nothing that can change that" attitude. It's like just because he doesn't care if he dies, then none of us of the rest of us should either. It hurts and I can't seem to make him understand that. I am so afraid they are going to say it's cancer. It's hard enough that my father-in-law has the brain tumor.
On the baby front (or lack of I guess) I have an ultrasound in the morning to check for follicles but I am nervous because my temp dropped way down today and that is an indication of ovulation so I could ovulate today or even tomorrow, which means we would be too late for an IUI this time. I am beginning to think maybe we aren't supposed to have IUIs and maybe it means we should either give up...or have more faith in ourselves to get pregnant.
Tonight we are getting our taxes done and I am praying for a nice return to catch some things up (including medical bills). Last year we were in shock when we ended up not getting a return! Hopefully this year will be better. But anyway that is the joys of my life at the current moment.
About Me
- Melody
- I am 30 years old and have been with my husband for almost twelve years and married to him for over five wonderful years. We have been through a lot (you can read about some of it in my old entries here)...we have struggled with infertility and infidelity. But we are now doing wonderful and are the very proud parents of a little boy. And we are currently trying for another one! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment